Monday 23 August 2010

" You could always work harder."

"Do you think my current level of knowledge would suffice?" I asked, doubting my current standard.
"Well, You could always work harder." The researcher response to me when I inquire about potential research under him.
" True." I muttered, couldn't really find proper words to response.

Surprisingly, this scene depicted above kept replaying in my mind. Where I displayed typically characteristic of getting accustomed to the world, not daring undertake adventure and risk, refuse to "jump start" and insist on" slow pace walking". Argh, must remind myself not to walk my path on auto-pilot. Never stop believing, especially on myself.

Side Note
On the other hand, meeting and talking projects with researchers regarding their field is an amazing experience. The dazzling eyes, enthusiastic aura of theirs and most importantly, the research topics, all amaze me. The feeling of Eagerness and thrilling underwhelmed me, how I wish I will get the summer scholarship....

6 comments:

  1. I'll also try to tackle a summer course next year. All the best in your decision, although I hope you will fail so I can meet you in Malaysia sooner. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, Thanks...

    you could actually come to ANU for summer research scholarship, they offer it for all students in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do believe that I could always work harder..
    But sometime things doesn't go as you expected..
    So.. I'll just try my best to work harder =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I couldn't recognize your new user id...

    The phrase "The only easy day was yesterday" tell it all, nothing seems easy when you are working on it. Unless you are doing it the wrong way. (I think I read something along these lines somewhere).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just Google and found that " the only easy day was yesterday" is a name of a mission for Call of Duty MW2. LoL, so games does help in some way.

    ReplyDelete