Sunday 11 October 2009

Eden, additional information

* Some information might already be given via the comments on the picture in the Picasa web albums



Here's a piece of map of Australia, it shows where Eden is. You could look for Canberra and Melbourne in it as well.

From the map it's roughly 200km, but it take at least a 4 hours drive from Canberra. To my surprise, there is no widely developed highway in Australia (Maybe because it is such a big country). This means that the bus we rode drove though two ways one lane round through the forest and while on a zig zag path. This would normally enable us to see the forest, but it simply isn't possible because we are travelling at night.

We departed from ANU about 5pm, stopped in Cooma for dinner before continue our journey. The trip consisted about 130+ people I believe. We have three big and one small bus. Oh, their bus is nice, at least better than I once experience in M'sia (we got on what they called a VIP seats, luxury ride, but it was crap). But I might just have been cheated on that.

Cooma was a small town, it's main form of income is tourism, skidding I believe. You could notice there is a lot of motel and hotel on the way, along with skidding shops. There is a Snowy Mountain nearby. If you want a skip trip from ANU, here is it.

We then continue to Eden, arrived at something about 10pm. Distributed to our cabin and sleep. Our accommodation for these 2 night is Garden of Eden Caravan Park. Too bad we aren't sleeping in Caravans, instead we get to sleep at the cabin provided.



The Small cabin which we slept in. I found that the Aussies (local) are quite funny. I shared my cabin with two of them. One of them was taking photoes of the cabin. He claimed that he want to keep memory and prove of it so that one day he could tell his grandchildren that he once live in these hobbits house.



Sleeping quarters during the trip to Eden, triple deck. With the limited space, it's hard for me to sleep well, I couldn't imaging what the situation the two Aussies would be facing in these spaces.


I brought nothing (linen, sleeping bad, pillows, blanket) there and they offered nothing. It write that they might offered those, and I happen to decided to test my luck. Never have I heard that a hotel/motel that doesn't provide these. It then turns out they only offered that in another park which is for group A.

Slept without blanket for two days (had to improvise with tower). As it is further south, it's getting very cold, I was awaked several times during the first night because of the cold. But it's very relaxing as our park is near the beaches, you could hear the sound of the wave hitting the beaches while you are on your bed.

*to be continue

2 comments:

  1. Wow,
    must be very cold in the night...
    Was it a group assignment?

    I think we're going to have our exam around the same time, let's pull our shocks up. Haha.

    Hey, are you going back on this end of Sem?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, going back...
    But I will probably visit some places with friends before that.

    Indeed Examination will land on us real soon, this will be our 1st final examination in Uni, gonna work hard on it.

    The assignment is solo assignment though.
    I will post them up later

    ReplyDelete