Friday 2 October 2009

Back, with more problems....

It has been a while, since I have left this blog behind me...

Well, I ain't here to say that things will change, nor I am going to state that things will not change. I haven't make up my mind yet, regarding posting or so...

Having holiday now means that I have plenty of time to spent on whatever I want. And, so far I spent a great deal of time gaming. I played fallout3, world in conflicts so far in the holiday, currently a bit sick of gaming though. But, nothing much to do, it's very hard to bring myself to study, just can't find the mood.

I managed to go through my physics a little. But not much, just read through. Doesn't seems to have problem as long as I don't jump over. Found out that if I go through words by words, I have no problem. This does require extra attention as I always tend to skim through without bothering with minor details, and my attention span is considerably short. Slowly getting the hang of it now.

Spend the half of yesterday (1/10) trying to validate the win7. I could do it 1st time, but somehow fail during my second trial. I just don't understand why it did not work. Could it be that the validation program only work one time?

I am not ready to give out using it yet, it is quite a wonderful windows. Will continue to try ....

You might be asking why I reformat in the 1st place, when win7 is running perfectly. My answer is that eventhough it is running well, I allocated too little space for it (only 15gb), and the windows itself ate up 13gb. This prohibited a few operations I want to run.

When I tried expanding one of the drives using an external program. But not only I failed, but also could not recover the 20gb I used to extend. Oh, it gets better. I then try use reformat the whole drive (only drive C) to extend the drive as well as recover the 20gb. Failed again, both in recovering and extending......

And now I set myself a timebomb, win7 beta only last for 30 days.
By 30 days, I either solve it, reformat, or just leave it.
Well, at least I solved the vista issue, it's time bomb just being diffuse...

Posting some picture up 2morrow, those which I had taken during the trip to Eden....

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I really feel that lectures waste time, if the lecturer is read the slides. Indeed, reading word by word in the textbook can be better than attending such lectures. Well, I read for interest sometimes, because lecturers like to skip this and that. Some information in the Bio text is kinda interesting, hehe. Not physics...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would agree with you that some lectures is just time wastage, you could do better if you have the effort to read/learn yourself. Not to mention some of them do an extremely good notes/slides that contain all the information you needed.

    Textbook can be a pain to read sometimes because you are facing with a wall of text. And you just couldn't exact the information you want without going through all of them, which takes time.

    ReplyDelete