Sunday 11 October 2009

Pool

Played pool with my friends yesterday. Everyone seems to know how to play and are able to play well, even my friends from Johor know how to play well. We are roughly around the same age,I wonder how can our exposure differ so much.

Flashback for pool

"I only contacted pool once in my life, before this. If I recall correctly, the pool players in the first game I played consisted me, Wowyay and Joseph. It was during our Akido trip. It turn out be totally nightmare because none of us have any idea how to play properly,we don't even have any clue how to grip the poles properly, and yet we try and try. For half an hour we struggle to goal - trying to get a ball into the holes. We gotten one in the end, the white ball. There is no fun at all, we end up feeling very boring and decided to not touch the game for good."

I don't know where I get the picture but I always have a bad feelings about pools (Is this is influence of TV?). I always thought it's a game for pub, and pub is evil, stay away for good.

Funny thoughts though, after playing it, feels like it's just a another game that can be learn and mastered. The culture of game is same with all other sports, just that the environment it's portrayed in is usually different - Pub.

Side Note :
Oh, we didn't play in pub, we played in some hall/college until 3am. It's FOC

3 comments:

  1. Good to hear that you learned a new game. I still do not know this game.

    It is fun learning. It is fun going to a new place. It is fun to have new experience in our life.

    You had tried to skii in korea. Now, you have a chance to skii in Australia....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha... I had the same feeling as you when playing pool with college friends (same memory pop out). However I did not enjoying it, i prefer standing beside and watch them play.

    Not because of the bad feeling, It's because of the cost. It is much exp than badminton and cc...LOL

    I'm glad u enjoy it and had a great experience. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. ANU was ranked no.1 outside the US & the UK, or 16th worldwide.

    ReplyDelete