Saturday 15 August 2009

Conflicting Views

We went to resupply today. Headed to Dickson which is about half an hour walk from Fenner Hall with a group of friends. After eating at Subway and gone through all Asian shops, we move foward to our final destination - Woolworths. The place that I resupply weekly as it offers a variety of items at great prices.

During our journey, I believe the usage of mouth is significantly more than the usage of legs for some of us. They just talk, talk and talk. It surprise me that they never run out of topic, which ranged from weather to interesting facts they find about of others. I didn't get to input much as most the time they are referring to someone in their high school, mostly girls ( They are from same high school) ...

Typical Guys, I don't really know what I feel about them sometimes....

But they bump into meaningful stories occasionally, which draws my attention. Here is one stories that I find interesting...

"One day, A went to a famous restaurant to enjoy his diner. It is a hot pot meal he was having with his friends. A young waiter that was serving them accidentally spoil a lot of oil onto the hot pot, which resulted in a small explosion. A's clothes got burned, his table of food was ruined. The boss the of restaurant only offered to cover some medical fees ....."


What will you do, if you are A.....


A and his friends did not pursuit for more, even though they clearly deserve more. He said that the young waiter had been scared, he had been shivering since the incident occur. It is clear that this is just an accident, an unlucky them for them. He even continue his dinner with his friends on another table. Although he never went to the restaurant again after that..

Hearing story alone is enough to cause B to jump, he immediately tell A how stupid he is ( It doesn't sound that bad, at least he sounds like advise and joking, not scolding). He said he will surely fight for it, and probably would not leave until the incident got solved the way he want. To further strengthen his position , he even tell if a story to describe what length he is willing to got into to get things done - He aid his friend to storm into a restaurant to scold loudly at peak hours to find justice.

"It seems wise", said C. He said that A have made a wise choice. It is good for both sides. The most important part is that A doesn't make a new enemy. Doing things the B's way will probably make that day a bad day (not just mere unlucky) and you will have one more enemy...

For me, I would probably just accept what the restaurant offers, would not ask for more. But I wouldn't continue to have my dinner there. This is a day that is bad enough, I don't want to worsen it. The worst victim of this incident is probably the waiter, who had blamed himself enough (as no one is hurt in this case). If I burst out the anger, argue for more, it probably will just make the matter worst...


We all have our choices, it is just we are choosing unconsciously most of the time...


Interestingly, we could identify some key component of the characteristic of A, B, C and myself just by looking at these. I can't go into details. But here's some thought

In short, A is a good guy ( Who is willing to sacrifice himself for the good of others) , B is a fellow who stands firmly on his rights ( he crafted himself a few enemies already) , C try to view this problem in terms of friendship ( He have the largest number of friends among us).

I can't seems to identify a clear character in myself.
It is not easy to reflect on oneself.
Maybe I'm the kind that just doesn't want to evaluate the problem , just hate problems?

What you guys think?

3 comments:

  1. hei~ for me... I would just scold the manager in my heart... I wouldn't dare to make such a fuss in the crowded restaurant... You seem old...mature... I think... Well... I think you are scare of problems... You won't bother this kind of things la... 怕麻烦 is your style... REMEMBER??? ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm seen as old person?

    Though,
    Indeed, it is true that I hate troubles..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sample group is too small, pal.

    Haha, talking about statistic, it is not sufficient for us to conclude. how can you find the type you are among these guys?

    keep on your brownian movement, and some day you'll bump into more friends who share the same polarity with you. Hah.

    ReplyDelete