Thursday 6 August 2009

My Greatest Regrets so Far

Well, now that I'm in a totally different environment, and is having another kind of lifestyle, I can now look back and enjoy my past from another perspective. Doesn't things look different when you are viewing them from afar? Thing isn't the same again when you grown. Studying abroad allowed escalation of my life, allowing me to look back from another whole new angle.

So, I basically get to recall all my past, and said to myself, What an idiot I have been.Yes, I think this is normal, to criticize yourself, it is a way of evolution and path towards improvement. And after the blaming, we will always have regrets. After all, What is life without regrets? We are bound to make mistake, if and only if we learn from them...

My greatest regrets so far is that I didn't appreciate my time when I graduate from high school. I just trash my time into drain while waiting for an acceptation from a University. I did worked for 1 month and went into NS for 2 and a half months, but that's all.I think I could have achieve so much more if I have treasured my time more. Don't get me wrong, I value these times I spent in teaching and NS. Infact, I had learn and grown a lot during those time, but it's just not enough. The knowledge that I gained during my high school slowly fade away while I'm busying with dairy life. Worst of all, I have to relearn them again.....


Ever have some part of life that you couldn't recall clearly, no matter how hard you try? No, how can you be thinking about Alzheimer's Disease ( Or it is that I'm the only one?) . Do you believe that it is a blessing to be able to forgot?

In my case, I have pieces of memories started from age of 3, vivid experience kick in around 4-5 years old. But I also have a gap of memories during my high school. Even after 6 years in it, I felt a great void in it. There are quite a few years where I have no memories of, except a few friends and a certificate. It is as if nothing exciting happened during those time in my life - everyday is exactly the same. Having experience nothing and same, the feeling of numb expands, which turns me into a 'Zombie'.

Then again, this is life, we're the result from our past. Without these issues to trouble me, I would not come to this point- a point that I find satisfaction. I believe it is our mistakes that mark our growth, not our achievements.....


Sorry for the delay, I wrote these as draft two days ago, but didn't do any checking or reediting until now....

8 comments:

  1. actually I am also one of it who regret for wasting all of my time doing nothing after graduation.......as I think that my english is much more better in my secondary life than now......haiz

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LoL, I feel that your English skills is eroded as well, LKL.....

    What's the problem with the computers?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erm, no clue at all
    There are a lot of things that can cause the Computer to perform sudden restart.

    Tried scanning for virus?
    Check the internet pannel on IE or firefox by typing 192.168.1.1
    Maybe you can find y you couldn't connect there..

    What about dad's laptop? still working?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You want pass the day is very easy, but pass your life is more difficult.On different age you have different feeling and thinking,may be u have play different role and responsibility,this is the life, try to manage your life more interesting and colourful.Every CNY we wish everybody Happy n properous new year,I would like to say the greatest value of our life is happy n health.You want happy,you need love,and give n take,NOT take and give
    Schooling time is most memorable,I appreciated very much those memorable time,people, and happening,May be this our fate and life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, we do have regrets over our past, but that's our "life". As an example, I don't learn to win any challenges for the whole life, but the most highlighted is learn to stand up upon my fall, or learn the lessons.
    Yupe, we do change. Then changes make us know more about ourselves. As a matter of this speaking, we do have both happy and sad memories, right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Agree, we should treasure what we've been through, no matter what...

    ReplyDelete