Friday 17 July 2009

Problems regarding my course

I assume that everyone know that I am enrolling for Bachelor of Science. Physics have been my first option for quite some time. I would not trade it for another. However, for bachelor of science, only at the point when we're enrolling our units, we ought to inform University what we would want to major in. In my case, ANU only known I'm going to major in physics for like 3 days ago. This is how I get into the problem...

I was referred from one to another when enrolling my units. At the end I was passed to a professor in physics, where I find my answers. Because semester 2 doesn't provide advanced physics semester 1 course( the default route that should be taken by any ANU physics student) I would either have to jump in straight in semester 2 advanced physics, or stick to something like foundation for physics this semester ( which is this year).

At that point I actually felt totally unacceptable. Because I can't start my course like usual. Another things that turned my world almost upside down was that In the case I'm taking life physics ( basic physics) I was told that I need 3.5 years to complete my degree. Although the total amount of time I needed to complete honors+ degree is still 4 years.

The professor, Craig Savage lookthrough UEC certificate, I don't think he understand the course I have taken. He then proceed to asked me a few question regarding physics. Which I have failed to give a satisfied answer to him in most case.

Question like, what is the most important point of momentum ( I can't recall the answer now eventhough he told me), I tried conservation of energy, explaining what is momentum ( I was desperate). He doesn't seems satisfied...

Another question is regarding the Coulomb's Law, he wanted to know what is the relation of distance in it. I could only recall it is something like Newtoin Gravitation Law. Thus I take my chances, said it is in square root. ( It should be square, I think I'm totally confused that time, lost my senses). I really should revise my high school syllables beforehand.

At the end, he deemed me not ready for, and ask for me to take life physics. I ain't the only one, another person who has UEC certs also faced similar fate with me. He is taking combined degree, physics and engineering. He said something like you shouldn't be coming in second semester...

So, my options are to take 3.5 years or do extremely well to get tranfered back on course.

Do give some advices...

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what?
    ....
    Who removed it with my account =.=

    ReplyDelete
  3. How come I never think of that....=.=

    ReplyDelete