Sunday 26 July 2009

Updates

Sorry, been quite busy lately. Busy messing around, storming and reading through my text book and assignment.

Yes, while my friends are still in honey moon status, I have already done and submitted my homework assignment. As I joined a semester 2 course straight away, there is not much introduction or some easy cookies to get or to be done.

This assignment took me at least 5 hours to complete a 4 question assignment. Never had I face a homework that require so much time, and even more for only 4 question. Well, they are hard, but that isn't the main issue, eventhough they are tough and included tons of new knowledge. I completed the calculation and get all the answer in 30 minutes. They all require numerous step and incorporated a few laws/theory which are new to me. I find myself referring to the textbook and web while doing it. Still, I learn the concept and it was done.

Now, where did I spent the other 4 and half hours? I think I had to the least spent 4 and half hours to write down step by step and explanation into Mathematica. The explanation the lecturer require is tremendous. We are required to split the answering into 5 major steps.
Namely, Focus the Problem, Identify the Physics, Plan the solution, Execute the Plan and Evaluate the Solution. He recommended at least half a page for every single section.

It was a tough and time-taking task, but I found myself enjoying. Explaining things this way might be a huge pain but I found that the explanation really helps. It is just that the time passed way too fast when I'm on it.

I faced several problem while trying to answer. Mostly because I don't know how to use the program - Mathematica. I had just installed this program for 2 days and know nothing about it before this. It's text arranging seems to be way off for me ( now, I only have a slight clue about it's arrangement). Most importantly, I couldn't get the plot graph function working. Try as I might, (after skimming through the manuals and web intro at least twice) I still failed. Luckily, this shouldn't be much of concern. As it is only a single section in question 4.

So, physics assignment is very taxing and will be encountered by me weekly. The lecture is to give a homework assignment every week ! I Just hope that other courses would not do the same...

7 comments:

  1. Glad to see that you are enjoying your course. Well, I do agree that assignments really help a lot in learning (although I hate them sometimes -.-). Indeed, good luck on your Uni life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sounds like odd, bro...
    But I am glad to see you hardworking like this...
    Though it really doesn't looks like you...
    but I am sure I am learning to accept it..ha~
    Gambathe..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of us share the same destiny......
    assignment fill my life.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. KeithLKL,
    so you have been very busy lately?
    Because your online duration sort of lessen,
    or maybe it is just because of my time zone...

    ReplyDelete
  5. most of the researcher or scientist look very odd, they may be forgot to eat, sleep and others , and just stay in the labs to carry out the trial,
    Howt,tried to go outside feel the cool air, it may make you more fresh, sorry the piano is not with you, otherwhile the music will make you more relax.Tried to chitchat with yr friends,i can imagine you are aloned in the room, just echo...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, there is two piano in common room, and some more in the Music room. But,I just couldn't play in front of others..haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you do not like to play in front of others, pick a time when less people is around.
    Most people like music, it is an entertainment! I am lucky if i can listen to music in the hostel.

    ReplyDelete